Coeur D’Alene Guardianship Lawyers

Representation in All Five North Idaho Counties

Guardians for minors are in charge of their life decisions and are responsible for their wards’ well-being. The selection and appointment of a guardian are of paramount importance because that person will be largely responsible for the care of their ward. Guardians for incapacitated individuals help them with healthcare, clothing, shelter, food, safety, as well as other aspects of their life

Backed by more than two decades of combined legal experience, we have gone through the legal process more times than we can count. As a result, we have a comprehensive understanding of Idaho family law as well as a long track record of success.

Are you filing for guardianship in CDA? Schedule your consultation with our family lawyers at Walsh & Lewis for assistance through this process.

Guardianship in Idaho

In general, there are two classifications of guardianship. Estate guardianship is in regards to a ward’s monetary concerns. These guardians, also referred to as conservators, are in charge of the property and finances of their ward. The other type of guardianship is for a person, and that is when the guardian manages their ward’s life and healthcare treatments. A guardian’s powers and responsibilities are defined with precision and generally only based on necessity.

In essence, they are meant to cover only what the ward is incapable of doing themselves. This is in order to avoid the guardian from having too much control over their ward’s life and handling their estate improperly.

Common powers and duties of a guardian include the following, and more:

  • Report to the court the status of the ward’s financial state, including monetary and property
  • Ensure that the educational and medical services are of a high enough standard
  • Oversee and maintain the care for their ward

Why Hire Us?

At Walsh & Lewis PLLC, our guardianship lawyers in Coeur D’Alene and all five North Idaho counties are highly skilled in this area of law and we can help you appoint or challenge a guardianship. Our attorneys understand that this is a matter that must be handled with the utmost care and attention since a guardian has so much responsibility and control over their ward’s life.

To learn more about our attorneys at Walsh & Lewis PLLC and how we can help you, call us today at (208) 712-8292 or contact us online to arrange a free consultation.

Innovation. Integrity. Initiative. Impact.

Why Turn to Walsh & Lewis PLLC?
  • Over Two Decades
    of Experience

  • Dedicated to All
    of Our Clients

  • Full-Service Criminal Defense
    & Family Law Firm

  • Accessibility to Your