Drug Crime Attorneys in Coeur d’Alene Idaho
Helping Clients in Kootenai County Idaho. Get the Results They Need
If you have been charged with any type of drug crime, you are facing serious criminal penalties. Even for a first-time offender, drug crime charges can carry extreme consequences. With the help of a competent and experienced legal professional, you can maximize your chances of getting charges reduced or even dismissed completely.
If you or a loved one has been charged with any type of drug crime, you should contact our drug crimes lawyers in Coeur d'Alene, who serve Kootenai County. Our attorneys have defended every type of drug crime, from simple possession to manufacturing, delivering, and trafficking. The amount and type of drug you are accused of possessing, selling, trafficking, or intending to sell can be a huge factor in the type of sentencing that you might face.
Drug crime convictions can result in a wide range of penalties in Idaho, including:
- Heavy fines
- Community service (100 hours, potentially)
- Loss of firearm rights
- Drug abuse treatment programs
- Ineligibility for student loans, small business administration (SBA) loans, and certain mortgages
Mandatory Minimum Sentences for Drug Charges in Idaho
The state of Idaho imposes mandatory minimum sentences for those convicted of drug trafficking. A serious offense, drug trafficking crimes of any kind are subject to harsh consequences, with the most frightening penalty being mandatory sentences. The fines and periods of time required behind bars depend on the type and amount of drugs involved. Let’s look at some examples.
In Idaho, any person who knowingly manufactures, delivers, or brings into this state, or is knowingly in actual or constructive possession of the following are subject to mandatory sentences:
- 5 to 24 pounds of marijuana or 50 to 99 marijuana plants: Mandatory minimum term of 3 years in prison and fines of at least $10,000
- 200 to 399 grams of cocaine: Mandatory minimum term of 5 years in prison and a minimum $15,000 fine
- 400+ grams of amphetamine or methamphetamine: Mandatory minimum term of 10 years in prison and minimum fines of $25,000
- 28+ grams of heroin or any salt, isomer, or salt of an isomer thereof: Mandatory minimum term of 15 years in prison and $25,000 fines
In addition, any person who knowingly manufactures, delivers, or brings into this state, or is knowingly in actual or constructive possession of the specified quantities below are subject to a mandatory minimum term of 10 years in prison and at least $25,000 fines.
The following substances are deemed precursors to methamphetamine or amphetamine, therefore they carry mandatory sentences.
- 50 grams or more of ephedrine
- One-half pint or more of methylamine
- One-quarter pint or more of methyl formamide
- 500 grams or more of phenylacetic acid
- 400 grams or more of phenylacetone
- 500 grams or more of pseudoephedrine
An effective Idaho drug lawyer will fight to minimize your charges and protect your rights. Your lawyer will need experience and determination to stand up and fight aggressively.
We are experienced in defending clients facing charges connected with all types of drugs and related charges, including:
- Asset forfeiture
- Prescription drugs
- Juvenile drug offenses
- Ecstasy and acid/hallucinogens
- Possession of illegal drug paraphernalia
- Driving under the influence of drugs
To learn more about how our attorneys at Walsh & Lewis PLLC can help you, call us today at (208) 712-8292 or contact us online
to arrange a free consultation.
A Reputation Built on Positive ExperiencesDedicated to Client Service
"I have absolutely no doubt that if my experience with Sean was more, that I could speak to even greater lengths to both just how exceptional an attorney he is as well an individual."Jesse
"I'm so grateful for the people in this office. In the worst time of my life, everyone was kind, knowledgeable, and understanding."Zachary
"Alexandria is upfront and honest about everything and the passion she has towards her clients is absolutely amazing!"Tabetha
"Alexandria was caring, honest, always followed up, very professional, and extremely knowledgeable. Family law can be very difficult to navigate through and she was patient with me as I weighed all the options."Rachael
"Sean not only used his knowledge of the law but he articulated it in a way that was perfect! If I could afford to have a lawyer on retainer it would be him!"Anthony